"We remind you that the messages we have heard during this conference will be printed in the November issues of the Ensign and Liahona magazines. As we read and study them, we will be additionally taught and inspired. May we incorporate into our daily lives the truths found therein."
~Thomas S. Monson

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Any thoughts?

All three talks this week are SO good! I loved reading them. But I'm having my baby tomorrow, so if there's anything you want to talk about, it's up to you. :)

So what stuck out to you? Now's your chance to take charge. Discuss, discuss!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the baby Misty!

I loved Elder Pearson's talk on faith.
Faith vs. Fear has been an ongoing challenge in my life. Fear is a dominant emotion for me, and is very hard to overcome.

I loved the thoughts that "faith is a gift of God bestowed as a reward for personal righteousness." And "If we desire more faith, we must be more obedient."

I'll probably be reading this talk again and again.

Pat Taylor

Anonymous said...

I noticed that most of the talks so far have been on adversity and what we can do to lessen the effects or what we can do in those trying times. It's great to have some thoughts to reflect on and read again to help us overcome.


Janna

Misty said...

Thanks for your comments, ladies! :) Pat, I totally agree with the faith vs. fear thing -- and I love the quote you mentioned. I'd never really thought about faith as a REWARD for righteousness, but it makes total sense. And it's comforting to know that if we want more faith, we just need to be a little more obedient - be a little bit better - and we'll be blessed with it.

Janna - I noticed that, too. It's really great to be able to be reminded of what we can do during those trials, but also a little scary ... are they trying to tell us something? :)

Adam and I read these three talks together, and we both really loved the quote Elder Pino used from Howard W. Hunter: “If our lives and our faith are centered on Jesus Christ and his restored gospel, nothing can ever go permanently wrong. On the other hand, if our lives are not centered on the Savior and his teachings, no other success can ever be permanently right.” I had to add it to my growing list. :)